POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC Irritation : Re: IRTC Irritation Server Time
15 May 2024 12:55:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Irritation
From: truk77
Date: 23 Jul 2004 09:10:00
Message: <web.41010d08eecdf218da25ddc0@news.povray.org>
"Ralf Schulz" <new### [at] doc-ralfde> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> glad, that you mentioned this. I formerly adored the artwork shown in the
> IRTC. But after a short pause (of five years indeed), it ist obvious to me,
> how far the overall quality dropped.
>
> You're absolutely right.

I wonder if the IRTC is suffering competition from contests that happen on
other boards (e.g. CGTalk).  I really like the IRTC, and it's attention to
free and open source tools, but I think some changes would help.

- More activity on the site.  To a new visitor, the place looks dead,
especially if new topics take forever to show up.  Also, more news and
updates, and some kind of "presence" from a maintainer would help, I think.

- An updated "look".  The site is clean and practical, but it sort of smacks
of the websites of yesteryear, IMHO.  I think an update would help its
image.

I think the first point is the most vital.  I think a greater sense of
community and a higher cohesiveness would be of great benefit.  If there's
any way that I can help this effort, feel free to contact me.