POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: povray 3.6 make error : Re: povray 3.6 make error Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray 3.6 make error
From: Tim F
Date: 22 Jul 2004 14:05:00
Message: <web.410000f8a404e2e24e6ed3100@news.povray.org>

No - I never said that.  My question was:

Message: <web.40febe24a404e2e24e6ed3100@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" <thorsten [at] trfde> wrote:

> Because many people have extremely outdated versions and the start reporting
> problems in POV-Ray resulting from them having linked POV-Ray with outdated
> obsolete buggy libraries that had been fixed a long time ago.

But what happens when the problem is reversed?  i.e. what if new libraries
appear that fix a bug or two in an external dependency to POVRay?  Will new
point releases of POVRay be released, or should users download the new
libraries and rebuild POVRay, linking to the updated libraries?

Regards,
Tim