POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Newbie Question: a simple polygon in 3D : Re: Newbie Question: a simple polygon in 3D Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:12:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbie Question: a simple polygon in 3D
From: nomail
Date: 17 Jul 2004 11:05:00
Message: <web.40f93efd30a9f2a09335918f0@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDhotmailcom> wrote:
> Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> > union {
> >   Slice(Contour1, Contour2, -10, 0)
> >   pigment { color rgb <1, 0, 0> }
> > }
> >
> > /*
> > union {
> >   Slice(Contour1, Contour2, 0, 10)
> >   pigment { color rgb <1, 0, 0> }
> > }
> >
> > union {
> >   Slice(Contour1, Contour2, 10, 20)
> >   pigment { color rgb <1, 0, 0> }
> > }
> > */
>

> Ooops - I meant to write this:
>

> union {
>    Slice(Contour1, Contour2, -10, 0)
>    pigment { color rgb <1, 0, 0> }
> }
>
> union {
>    Slice(Contour2, Contour3, 0, 10)
>    pigment { color rgb <1, 0, 0> }
> }
>
> union {
>    Slice(Contour3, Contour4, 10, 20)
>    pigment { color rgb <1, 0, 0> }
> }

Thanks again for your help Tor.... But the contours of my geometry don't
have the same number of points in each slice.
More clearly, I cut a mouse into 240 slices to do a phantom for medical
applications. I need to re-build the mouse in 3D using the photos of the
slices.. The form of organs is not regular. I mean, they have a polygon
shape. Take the kidney for example: when I start the cut, it appears small,

on for the other organs.
Another thing, I am looking for solid polygons and NOT for hollow

If it is posissible, I just want the method....Many thanks