POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Redrawing scene after transformation in plugin : Redrawing scene after transformation in plugin Server Time
17 May 2024 16:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Redrawing scene after transformation in plugin
From: Doug
Date: 8 Jul 2004 18:55:00
Message: <web.40edcfe0e5234cf5ded0eafc0@news.povray.org>
Here's the basic code (simplified a bit) for the function I have that I
thought should handle this:

long WINAPI SceneEvent(long hObjID,int nFlags)
{
 switch (nFlags)
 {
  case MRY_NTC_OBJ_TRANSFORMED :
  {
   err_log << "TRANSFORMED : "<< hObjID << endl;

   g_pSceneFuncs->fnRedrawScene(MRY_SCN_DRW_RECALC &
MRY_SCN_DRW_REDRAW_IMMEDIATE);
  }
  break;
 }
 return(MRY_SUCCESS);
}

After the object is transformed in any way, the TRANSFORMED message is
indeed printed, but apparently the function underneith it, set to redraw
the scene, doesn't seem to have any effect on the scene at all.  Am I even
doing this remotely correctly?  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how
to get this to work, or even an easier way to go about doing it?

Doug Kavendek