POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Combining objects? : Re: Combining objects? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:19:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Combining objects?
From: IntersectedShape
Date: 3 Jul 2004 12:15:01
Message: <web.40e6da604af355a29a9a6bf70@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> IntersectedShape <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > #declare fbb = merge {
> >   fb
> >   object
> > Parse Error: No matching } in 'merge', object found instead
>
> > "fb" is a union of four boxes, with an applied texture:
>
>   Use "object { fb }" instead of "fb".

Just wanted to say thanks for the response - my message took several days to
post for some reason and I'd given up looking for it. I did finally figure
this out, it seemed very non-intuitive since a) "fb" is already inside an
object structure elsewhere and b) the error message didn't seem clear at
all. I have made a lot of progress since though!

Thanks to the POVRay team for all the hard work. It's an impressive piece of
software! :-)