POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3d graphics using data files/ science applications : 3d graphics using data files/ science applications Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:12:47 EDT (-0400)
  3d graphics using data files/ science applications
From: elias roussos
Date: 2 Jul 2004 09:15:00
Message: <web.40e55f67c95b1bd270ba5bbb0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I am currently starting to become use 3D programs, since I want to work on
graphics a little. I mainly wantto use the 3D programmes to generate high
quality graphics for my science/engineering projects.

So, I was wondering whether there are 3D graphics programmes where I can
input ascii data files and get a graphical representation. You understand
that I want to do more than the 3D graphics of Matlab and Mathematica. For
example, I have an ASCII file with the orbit of CASSINI spacecraft. What 3D
program can I use to generate a high quality graphical representation of
this orbit, according to the ASCII data file? Can POV RAY do this?

I know about Celestia and Satellite Tool Kit, but these are not so "graphics
programs" (well, celestia is a little, but still its not so user
friendly...).

Thank you very much,

Elias