POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : a simple surface : Re: a simple surface Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:20:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a simple surface
Date: 25 Jun 2004 23:35:00
Message: <web.40dcee9d47cfba0f8e281d50@news.povray.org>
Thanks for everbody!
i have some things to say:
The first solution works very fine, but it generates a "punched" surface
(not so continuos). And, if possible, i wanna know why, and how to fix it.

Let me explain a bit more about my project...

This surface will be used for presentations, and (if I make my program and
pov talk) for user interface. It is a 3d representation of a fuzzy
probabilistical distribution, for color based object seaching, a piece of
my undergraduate reseach. I have used 3dmax, but i cannot use it anymore
for legal questions( :-[ ). So I am trying to integrate pov with my
program...

I am using the Open Computer Vision library to access the videos and images,
and I'll test the height_field solution right now, checking the ppm file
saved by opencv...

I'm really impressed with everbody here, it a little dificult to find a
community which helps troubled people (me!).

Again, if I made any mistake with my english, i am sorry.

Thanks