POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : a simple surface : a simple surface Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  a simple surface
Date: 23 Jun 2004 22:00:00
Message: <web.40da34dda19413b38bf678880@news.povray.org>
Hi!
I am trying to use povray to generate a 3d surface from a big matrix of real
numbers, which are the output of my program. I read a lot of things about
povray, the documentation, etc, but i really don't know how i can do it.
Everthing i need is a light_source, a camera and this surface. Nothing more.
Somebody may help me to make a simple .pov file, which my program will
generate, only changing the parameters?
(ps: if i did any mistake in my english, i'm sorry in advance!)

Thanks

ps:
Examples:
matrix file:
http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~ra015988/lis/artigos/novo/superficie.dat
(the sintax of this file may change as need)
the target file, i made it in 3dmax
http://www.ic.unicamp.br/~ra015988/lis/artigos/novo/superficie_saltoe.png