POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Moving the camera in a circle : Moving the camera in a circle Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Moving the camera in a circle
From: Manawydan
Date: 21 Jun 2004 11:52:02
Message: <web.40d4fb386c3e36cdbade90180@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm just getting to grips with animation (just small steps so I get used to
the basics first) but one thing I'm having trouble with is the mathematics
side of it.

All I want to do is move a camera in a circle, starting at 0, 0, -13, to
-12, 0, 0, to 0, 0, 13, to 12, 0, 0 then back to the beginning over a
period of 36 frames, constantly looking at 0, 0, 0.  However, I just can't
work out how that would be done.

I've searched for an answer on here but, to be honest, I'm a bit confused at
the formulas that I've seen.  Can anyone give me an idea what it should
look like and can explain it to an idiot?

Thanks in advance!