POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray 3.6 for windows won't start : Povray 3.6 for windows won't start Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Povray 3.6 for windows won't start
From: Summit Group
Date: 14 Jun 2004 11:55:01
Message: <web.40cdca31968f4d93a9326b250@news.povray.org>
I've been trying to get povray to start under windows XP. The error message
that comes up is "Backend thread failed to complete init". I uninstalled
completely, and re-installed, but I still get the same error. Povray worked
properly the first time I installed it, but since I've restarted it ( and
my computer ) it refuses to start. Any ideas?

Ron.