POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : cc1plus: error: invalid option `align-double' on HP-UX : Re: cc1plus: error: invalid option `align-double' on HP-UX Server Time
3 Jul 2024 14:51:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cc1plus: error: invalid option `align-double' on HP-UX
From: Arjan
Date: 5 Jun 2004 15:15:00
Message: <web.40c21baa48c2e35482cc5b270@news.povray.org>
> Arjan wrote:
> > cc1plus: error: invalid option `align-double'
> > cc1plus: error: invalid option `inline-all-stringops'
> >

> > Anyone any idea's on how to solve this?
>
> Remove those options from the makefile or wait until POV-Ray 3.6 is
> available as source.
>
> Christoph
>
> --
> POV-Ray tutorials, include files, Sim-POV,
> HCR-Edit and more: http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/
> Last updated 01 May. 2004 _____.//^>_*_<^/.______

Hi,

Thanks. It did not work immediatly, but after some digging I finally managed
to compile it on the HP-UX machine. Of course I had to install the jpeg,
png, zlib, tiff libraries. These are the changes I made to Makefile
necessary to be able to compile (besides taking out all instances of the
two options).

95,97c95,97
< CFLAGS = -O3 -mcpu=i586 -march=i586 -finline-functions -ffast-math
-fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -fexpensive-optimizations
-malign-double -foptimize-sibling-calls -minline-all-stringops
-Wno-multichar
< CXXFLAGS = $(NOMULTICHAR) -O3 -finline-functions -ffast-math
-fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -fexpensive-optimizations
-malign-double -foptimize-sibling-calls -minline-all-stringops
-Wno-multichar
< LDFLAGS =
---
> CFLAGS = -O3 -finline-functions -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops
-fexpensive-optimizations  -foptimize-sibling-calls  -Wno-multichar -lpthread
> CXXFLAGS = $(NOMULTICHAR) -O3 -finline-functions -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer
-funroll-loops -fexpensive-optimizations  -foptimize-sibling-calls  -Wno-multichar
> LDFLAGS = -lpthread

Thanks a lot.

Greetz,

Arjan.