POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povtree Q : Re: Povtree Q Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povtree Q
From: gonzo
Date: 26 May 2004 17:30:00
Message: <web.40b50b1d7f476edaa0c272b50@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
> How do you get two or more different trees into one scene file?
>
>  I can get many of the same tree in the same scene, but what do you
> use other than - object {TREE} - for the other versions?

Not sure what you're doing... your subject says Povtree, but your question
appears to be regarding the tomtree macro.

If you mean how do you call the macro on different tree files created by
Povtree, you have to include them just prior to declaring the tree, i.e.

#include "treefile#1"
#declare Tree1 = object {TREE}

#include "treefile#2"
#declare Tree2 = object {TREE}

#include "treefile#3"
#declare Tree3 = object {TREE}

Since the treefile calls the macro, TREE is redefined each time.

If you include all the treefiles at once, all you get is the last TREE
included.

RG