POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can't rotate texture? : Re: Can't rotate texture? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can't rotate texture?
From: gonzo
Date: 24 May 2004 16:50:00
Message: <web.40b25fbab3392ae9a0c272b50@news.povray.org>
Vincent LE CHEVALIER <lec### [at] ctiecpfr> wrote:

> The only way I can think of, to get the effect you want, would be to
> turn your whole texture statement into a macro, with the direction of
> the slope as an argument. Then for each object, you could pass a
> different direction to this macro, depending on the object's transform.
> I have not tested it though, so I cannot assure you it works fine...

Thanks for the reply. After further experimentation, I think you're right,
the texture rotates but the slope vector doesn't change.

I had also thought of doing it as a macro, but by my understanding of how
textures are stored, that would essentially mean creating a new texture
definition for every object.  As the actual texture I'm using is a lot more
complex than the one in the sample, and since the object is a wheel for a
railroad car, by the time I build a 60 car train I'll be out of memory.

Well, on to plan b...

RG