POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : PovRay Uninstall and Recompile on Linux 7.3 to run in cron? : Re: PovRay Uninstall and Recompile on Linux 7.3 to run in cron? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 14:24:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay Uninstall and Recompile on Linux 7.3 to run in cron?
From: 3dtrue
Date: 22 May 2004 07:35:00
Message: <web.40af3a2686d9ac554700678c0@news.povray.org>
i solved this in perl without recompiling povray. Also no need to do
anything regarding -/+Dd either. Here's a perl solution i tested with RHE.
I have a remote linux server, no display ever needed.

The below script i have added to my crontab to run as root every hour. Works
like a charm too! I know there are better ways to do this. But i simply
don't know them. This one does work though. Hope it helps. Back to poving
for me!

###### begin perl code
#!/usr/bin/perl-w
use strict;
use Net::SSH::Perl;
my $host = "111.111.111.111";
my $user = "usernm";
my $pass = "passwd";
my $cmd = "povray +I/mypath/gigtown.pov";
my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new($host,use_pty=>1);
$ssh->login($user, $pass);
print $ssh->cmd($cmd);
exit;
###### end perl code

Of special note is "use_pty=>1"

Perldoc sez...
Set this to 1 if you want to request a pseudo tty on the remote machine.
This is really only useful if you're setting up a shell connection (see the
shell method, below); and in that case, unless you've explicitly declined a
pty (by setting use_pty to 0), this will be set automatically to 1. In
other words, you probably won't need to use this, often.

Thanks for everybodies help!