POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : PovRay Uninstall and Recompile on Linux 7.3 to run in cron? : Re: PovRay Uninstall and Recompile on Linux 7.3 to run in cron? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 13:53:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay Uninstall and Recompile on Linux 7.3 to run in cron?
From: 3dtrue
Date: 21 May 2004 17:50:00
Message: <web.40ae785986d9ac554700678c0@news.povray.org>
Cron log reports a run from povray, with no parameters passed.
The perl script above runs great if i am at a shell (ssh via putty) and run
the perl script. It's when i try and automate this process i am failing.
Tried automating so far with:
crontab
bash

Sadly, i may have to turn on telnet to see if i can do it remotely via a
telnet window. But talk about security flaw! and a pointless bridge.
I wish i knew more about this stuff compiling on linux and uninstalling etc.

Not to grope, but still hoping for advice on.

A. Yes you need to uninstall and then compile a custom source.
B. If so, How to uninstall the non-source version of povray 3.5 so i can try
and recompile with the no X version.

I hope my ignorance amuses somebody today.

James