POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools : Re: Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:30:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools
From: CFM
Date: 19 May 2004 16:50:00
Message: <web.40abc81027c58a6ac3f22c770@news.povray.org>
> >Ok, yes, you can use the command line parameters to specify both file
> >type, the number of frames, etc. I am used to using the GUI and frankly
> >never saw any real point to running it from the command line, so
> >basically using the command line in this case is just like using the INI
> >file. All the INI file really does is provide POVRay with the command
> >line options in a file you can run from the GUI. The results are exactly
> >the same.
> >

> In the windows version, there is a "command line" box nexe to the quick
> res drop-list. For a 20 frame animation you just put +kff20 there, start
> the render, sit back, and you get your 20 frames animation.
> You can input parameters far longer than what you can see in the box,
> separate each parameters by a space.
> Look section 5.2.1 (Animation Options) in the documentation.
> +kfi<val> = initial frame
> +kff<val> = final frame
> +ki<float> = initial clock
> +kf<float> = final clock
> +sf<val> = start subset frame (+sf0.<val> for % position)
> +ef<val> = end subset frame
> +kc = cyclic animation
>
> Alain

OK, I rendered the POV-ray file clockdemo.pov, and the program renders the
20 frames, one after the other. I don't consider that an animation. It's
too slow. I still cannot figure out how to use TMPGEnc to run it in faster
speed. If TMPGEnc only compresses multiple frames with different file names
into a running video stream, then it would not work in this case since all
20 frames are created in just one file: clockdemo.pov. It looks to me that
the version of POV-ray that I'm using renders multiple frames in only one
file. It's not one frame per file, but 20 frames in a single file. So if
TMPGEnc won't work with this, then what will?