POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Re: Anti-Aliasing Question : Re: Anti-Aliasing Question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anti-Aliasing Question
From: Carl
Date: 19 May 2004 15:20:00
Message: <web.40abb1fbb4eb0660a54c62600@news.povray.org>
Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:
> The freeware IrfanView can do it. In its "Image Resize/Resample" pane
> you need to select "Resample" rather than "Resize".

Thanks Mike,

   I've downloaded the software and I had a few questions.  Can someone tell
me what the difference is between these filters:

Lanczos
Hermite
Triange
Mitchell
Bell
B-Spline

The help didn't tell me much.  In fact it confused me more by stating "some
Resample filter can be used if you are enlarging the image."  Since I'm
wanting to shrink the image is this telling me that IrfranView just uses
the "resize" function when it reduces the image?  I'd like the pixels to be
averaged together and I assume these filters apply different weighted
averages but I'd like to be sure of what its doing.

Thanks,
Carl