POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Anti-Aliasing Question : Anti-Aliasing Question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Anti-Aliasing Question
From: Carl
Date: 18 May 2004 10:30:01
Message: <web.40aa1cf515b70c38a54c62600@news.povray.org>
I'm trying to render an image with thin lines in it and even with +AM2 some
pixels contain a line that is missed by the 4 tracing rays and therefore
it's not super-sampled.  The only sure fix of know of is to set the
threshold to zero which will really make things too so.  So I have an idea
that I want to try and I thought I'd see what you guys here think.  If I
want to use 9 tracing rays per pixel to see which need to be supper-sampled
I think I can do that by rendering the image at twice its final resolution
in each direction and then somehow averaging 4 pixels from that image down
to one pixel in my final image.  Now my question... is there any freeware
or shareware out there I can us to scrink my images with this type of
averaging?  Any obvious flaws to this approach?  Can something like this be
done within POV-Ray without the need for extra software?

Thanks,
Carl