POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools : Re: Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:32:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can't Access Certain Commands in Tools
From: CFM
Date: 12 May 2004 14:30:00
Message: <web.40a26c4127c58a6a1a36c3040@news.povray.org>
> (In the absence of any contrary indication, I'll assume you're using
> Windows.) Is it possible that the copy of notepad.exe on your machine
> has been deleted, moved or otherwise made inaccessible?. Windows POVRay
> invokes Notepad for the "Edit <something>" options in the Tools menu.
>
> --
> Mike Williams
> Gentleman of Leisure

Yep, I'm using Windows. I still have notepad.exe. I don't know if it's been
moved or otherwise made inaccessible. I used Notepad to access the POV-ray
for Windows v3.5 directory, and clicked on the pvengine. All I see is the
following, inexplicable babble:

[Permitted Input Paths]
1=%INSTALLDIR%
2=C:WINDOWSFonts

[Permitted Output Paths]
1=%INSTALLDIR%RendererReRun
2=%INSTALLDIR%Insert Menu

[General]
BigSplash=1084385996
RunCount=111
TextColour=16777215
BackgroundColour=13160664
DropToEditor=1
LastRenderName=billiards.pov
LastRenderPath=C:Program FilesPOV-Ray for Windows v3.5scenes
LastQueuePath=C:PROGRAM FILESPOV-RAY FOR WINDOWS V3.5SCENES
LastBitmapName=*.bmp
LastBitmapPath=C:PROGRAM FILESPOV-RAY FOR WINDOWS V3.5TILES
CommandLine=-A
LastINIPath=C:PROGRAM FILESPOV-RAY FOR WINDOWS V3.5renderer
SecondaryINIFile=C:PROGRAM FILESPOV-RAY FOR WINDOWS V3.5RENDERERQUICKRES.INI
SecondaryINISection=[640x480, No AA]
BackgroundFile=0
SaveSettingsOnExit=1
TileBackground=1
UseFileTemplate=1
HideNewUserHelp=0
CheckNewVersion=1
CheckNews=1
SendSystemInfo=1
Version=3.5.icl.win32
ItsAboutTime=1085509112

[Editor]
LastPath=C:PROGRAM FILESPOV-RAY FOR WINDOWS V3.5SCENESOBJECTS

[LastRender]
HistogramFile=
OutputFile=C:POVimagesbilliards.bmp
CurrentDirectory=C:Program FilesPOV-Ray for Windows v3.5scenes
SourceFile=C:Program FilesPOV-Ray for Windows v3.5scenesbilliards.pov
SceneFile=billiards
IniOutputFile=

[Info]
Rendering=0
RenderCompleteSound=1

[ToolBar]
Band0Width=555
Band1Width=32
Band2Width=123
Band3Width=150
Band4Width=104
Band5Width=425

[MainWindow]
ShowCmd=1
NormalPositionLeft=353
NormalPositionTop=-4
NormalPositionRight=854
NormalPositionBottom=764
Priority=2280
UseToolbar=1
UseTooltips=1

[RenderWindow]
NormalPositionX=376
NormalPositionY=38
Flags=536870912
Use8BitMode=0
MakeActive=1
KeepAboveMain=1
HideWhenMainMinimized=1
AutoClose=0
PreserveBitmap=1

[Messages]
FontSize=8
FontWeight=400
Font=Lucida Console
KeepMessages=1

[Renderer]
AlertSound=64
Completion=2255
Priority=2305
DutyCycle=9
AlertOnCompletion=1
AutoRender=1
NoShelloutWait=0
SystemNoActive=0

[TipOfTheDay]
Enabled=1
LastTipTime=1084386002
NextTip=18

[GUIExtensions]
UseExtensions=1

[MainWindows]
UseRenderAnim=0

[Scripting]
ReadWriteSourceDir=1
NoShellOuts=1

Is Notepad supposed to be in the same directory as POV-ray for Windows v3.5?