POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Mapping Splines in 2d before rendering them with a lathe or SOR : Re: Mapping Splines in 2d before rendering them with a lathe or SOR Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mapping Splines in 2d before rendering them with a lathe or SOR
From: gonzo
Date: 30 Apr 2004 19:05:00
Message: <web.4092db4f5e5fea06a0c272b50@news.povray.org>
"Mattkg0" <mkg### [at] brdnetau> wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions of a Windows program that can model in 2d
> the surface you will get for a liner, quadratic, cubic and Bezier spline as
> well as the Surface Of Revolution object?

Try http://www.flashnet.it/users/fn027571/spil/main.html

I don't recall if it creates all the different kinds of splines or if you
have to change that in POV, but it at least lets you see generally what
shape you are getting from a given set of points. I used to use it a lot
for lathes & prisms, but I haven't been in Windows much lately.

RG