POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Announcement: IMBJR has been banned from news.povray.org : Re: Announcement: IMBJR has been banned from news.povray.org Server Time
3 Aug 2024 14:12:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Announcement: IMBJR has been banned from news.povray.org
From: gonzo
Date: 26 Apr 2004 05:00:01
Message: <web.408cce5b8da4d6ed85df634c0@news.povray.org>
> In article <408c86dd@news.povray.org> , "pan" <pan### [at] syixcom> wrote:
>
> > Yes, I agree. But, twhat you term 'common sense' is nothing but
> > Chris' version. Let's not deny the truth of that. To ascribe one
> > person's view of what is 'proper' to some general definition is
> > not logical or rational.
> > Some people actually do view  natural sexual content as both
> > healthy and beneficial. YMMV.

No matter how healthy or beneficial something is, there is a time & place
for everything.
Posting images with adult content on a newsgroup that is not specifically
adult themed is inappropriate, and that should be obvious. As obvious as
posting images in a format that the majority of posters were unable to
view, then insisting that the world should get up to speed and get the
'correct' plugin.

"Thorsten Froehlich" <tho### [at] trfde> wrote:
<snip>
> Please note that IMBJR explicitly stated that his images were not posted for
> discussion and that he was not interested feedback whatsoever.  Further,
> most of them were already on his website and posted in these newsgroups for
> the sole purpose of destroying the sense of community.  The purpose of
> povray.binaries.images is to get feedback about images.  As such, he was
> already ignoring the purpose of the group povray.binaries.images, yet we did
> not even take formal notice of this behavior, nor was this the reason for
> the ban.

Well, since I quit bothering to view any of his posts after his jpeg2000
binge, I missed all the images in question, yet I approve of the ban, so
obviously content alone was not a factor. This is not a forum for
art/sexuality/religion/philosophy, it is a forum for PovRay. If you aren't
posting for reasons having to do with PovRay, don't post here.

> I am sorry if our attitude causes you to not wish to continue to visit this
> server

That would certainly seem irrational & extreme to me.  I commend the admins
for removing such a disruption.

RG