POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Splines, actually demonstrated : Splines, actually demonstrated Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:25:23 EDT (-0400)
  Splines, actually demonstrated
From: gregjohn
Date: 17 Jan 2004 18:40:01
Message: <web.4009c6d4976554543a5fb9ba0@news.povray.org>
Are there any pages out there that show actual comparison of the various
ways of making a curve from a set of points?

I'm interested in making something with tenacles, and I just don't like the
way the quadratic, cubic, and natural splines look with a set of points--
it just bends-- more of a kink-- too much for something like an octopus'
leg or a mechanical tenacle.

I've seen pages for the hermite curve, but it really didn't have an adequate
visual demonstration of why one ought to go to the trouble of using it.

Greg M. Johnson