POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Using POVRAY with models made in I-DEAS : Using POVRAY with models made in I-DEAS Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  Using POVRAY with models made in I-DEAS
From: Don
Date: 13 Jan 2004 23:05:02
Message: <web.4004bf312c3ffc0aca22cd590@news.povray.org>
For years I have been using I-DEAS to do my engineering and modeling work.
Although it is a great modeling tool, it is poor at rendering. I finally
have an automated method of taking an assembly from I-DEAS and importing it
into POVRAY by use of a visual basic program that I wrote and a DOS
executable called
"vrml2pov.exe". It is very quick now to get some fantastic renderings. Does
anyone else have a need for this tool? My code is still being spruced up to
allow the user to add standard textures and colors to the parts rather than
manually doing this in the POVRAY script. It's pretty cool, but I don't
know if there is anyone else out there with the same need. If so, I'd love
to share this work and possibly get some new ideas as well.

Thanks.

d. Mitchell