POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media/Photons/Glass Question : Re: Media/Photons/Glass Question Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:23:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media/Photons/Glass Question
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 6 Jan 2004 07:50:02
Message: <web.3ffaae78f47417fcf5476c680@news.povray.org>
Tom Melly wrote:

>Join the club ;) - media, particularily when you start mixing it with other
>special effects, such as photons, can be tricky to get right.
>
>Could you post a more complete scene? (not necessarily your actual scene - just
>a simplified version but showing the problem).

I think I might have it close to where I want it. I'll post the scene
file(s) when I get home tonight.  I lowered the spacing on the photons
(afer adjusting my swapfile size so POVRay can take up about 300M of
memory), and it looked much closer to what I wanted, but if I'm able to get
any more tips for how to get it to look even better, then that's great.
It's spread across a few includes at the moment, and I have no problem
sharing what I have (I intend to post the includes I'm creating when they
are finalised on my website anyway).