POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : interlaced movies from povray animations : Re: interlaced movies from povray animations Server Time
26 Jun 2024 14:25:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interlaced movies from povray animations
From: gregjohn
Date: 30 Dec 2003 22:50:01
Message: <web.3ff246e89373012e3a5fb9ba0@news.povray.org>
Fidel Viegas wrote:

>Hi Greg, I have generated a dv-pal file and transfered to my camera, but
>the colours are too bright. It looks a bi weird.
>I know that povray has something called field-rendering, but I don't
>really know how to use it.
>
>It would be nice if someone could guide me.

With all due respect, and as far as I can see (and I'm not omniscient), you
are completely mistaken as to what POV-Ray is.  When we "render," it's
taking line of code like

sphere{z+clock*x, 0.1 pigment{red 1} finish{ambient 1}}

and turning it into a single bitmap.  There's also a way to do animations,
but the output of povray is then a stack of individual bitmaps, and you
have to use totally independent software to turn the stack of bitmaps into
a movie.

Greg M. Johnson