POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Where are the archives? : Re: Where are the archives? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:26:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where are the archives?
From: Laurent Duperval
Date: 30 Dec 2003 09:50:01
Message: <web.3ff18fef8a7bdc637dec0c820@news.povray.org>
Jellby wrote:
>I made such a macro for the inscription of the One Ring:
>
>  http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/33166/

Very nice!

I'm interested in the engraved portion of your image. The reason I was
looking for my message is that I had received an explanation that (I think)
expleined how to have a beveled/relief effect in a sphere. I wanted to try
a couple of thing: letters that protude from a sphere and letters that are
engraved in a sphere. You seem to have done that part well in your Ring.
How's it work?

Thanks,