POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : *repeated* texture map (image or checkerboard) on cylinder? : *repeated* texture map (image or checkerboard) on cylinder? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  *repeated* texture map (image or checkerboard) on cylinder?
From: Richard
Date: 17 Dec 2003 02:30:03
Message: <web.3fe005085d1e37f15541bd820@news.povray.org>
I want to map a pattern, either a checkerboard texture, or an input image,
onto a cylinder.  What I want to do is take a square image and repeatedly
"paint" or "tile" it on the cylinder.

I've tried this:

cylinder { <0, -1, 0>, <0 1 0>, 1
  texture {
    pigment {
      image_map { gif "myimage.gif" map_type 2 interpolate 2 }
    }
  }
}

but how do I make the aspect ratio so that a 1x1 patch on the surface of
the cylinder gets the image I input?

Also, can I make default textures, like "checker" paint in the same way?

Thanks for any help,
  Richard