POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Convert povray to another format : Convert povray to another format Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:17:46 EDT (-0400)
  Convert povray to another format
From: natwod
Date: 12 Dec 2003 16:30:01
Message: <web.3fda32a6c6bee9b4df2448d30@news.povray.org>
Hey, I'm sure this has been discussed before, but the organization of the
forums is a bit esoteric.

I'm wondering if there is yet a way to convert a .pov sourcefile to another
format.  My goal, really, is to import it into macromedia director to make
an interactive "world".  Director only supports .w3d files.

I think I can find some way to get my file to the .w3d format once it is
converted to a more common format.  The povray documentation talks about
this subject, but the link given did not work for me.

I understand the complications between .pov files and most other 3d program
source files, but there really must be SOME way to convert a .pov to a more
common format...

Any suggestions?  THANKS!!

-Natwod