POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SSS Media Statue : Re: SSS Media Statue Server Time
28 Apr 2024 19:12:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSS Media Statue
From: ts
Date: 1 Dec 2003 20:45:01
Message: <web.3fcbed80d14447772cd5532d0@news.povray.org>
Andy Cocker wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Inspired by the recent SSS posts, and frustrated by my abilities to totally
>control(or even understand) the method posted by Samuel Benge, I decided to
>have a go at SSS using media. I think it worked rather well.
>
>Comments?
>
>All the best,
>
>Andy Cocker

i hear ya ... i tried it for the same reasons on the jsde buddha
and really like the effect except for all of the artifacts.
i wonder if a closer render of yours would show them as well?
and ... what can be done to reduce the number of artifacts?
except for them, i found i had much more control.

-ts-