POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : BSP tree bounding patch : Re: BSP tree bounding patch Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:41:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BSP tree bounding patch
From: Andrew Clinton
Date: 28 Nov 2003 20:25:01
Message: <web.3fc7f4b16b3b1e2c611ee4e60@news.povray.org>
George Pantazopoulos wrote:
>I can indeed build povray-3.50c, Andrew.
>
> I just tried copying all the modified source files, but not any of the
>Makefiles, and I came very close to compiling it.. but it errored out with
>"undefined reference to Instersect_Bsp_Tree()" and several other BSP
>related errors like that.
>
>Besides adding bsptree.cpp to the list of source files in the Makefile,
>what else would I have to add to it?
>
>Thanks,
>George

Can you try one more thing?  Start from clean 3.50c source again, the try
using the updated files I've posted:
http://povplace.addr.com/bsppov-src.tar.gz

All I have done is make the source file list alphabetical in Makefile.am.
I've noticed some weird things in the generated Makefile for my original
Makefile.am, that it seems my version of make was ignoring.  I hope that
this works, if you still have problems let me know.  I don't really know
why the list needs to be alphabetical.  If this still doesn't work, try
adding bsptree.* after every occurance of bsphere.* in the generated
Makefile and see if that works.  If you still can't do it, I'm not sure
what to suggest :(

Andrew