POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : repeating a smaller object around the circumference of a sphere : repeating a smaller object around the circumference of a sphere Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  repeating a smaller object around the circumference of a sphere
From: incognito
Date: 28 Nov 2003 05:40:01
Message: <web.3fc72500a7877cb27a726e430@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I would like to repeat a very small object around the circumfrence of a
sphere.
I was wondering if there is a relatively simple way to do this or would I be
better off trying to create a disc with a pattern and color map to try
rendering the effect I would like (surreal ray objects surrounding a sun
object)? If I am better off with the latter, is there a pattern that would
be best for this purpose. I have tried and can't seem to find one that
works or maybe I need to rotate and scale in a way I can't seem to figure
out (?)

Thanks for any suggestions.