POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : value testing : value testing Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  value testing
From: Justin Smith
Date: 20 Nov 2003 19:45:02
Message: <web.3fbd5eea7621ac5a4a5634560@news.povray.org>
If I have something which uses random variables, or any other method of
obtaining values where I am unsure what they would be, is there a way to
have these numbers written to a file so I can examine the results?

I have a trace() function picking random points on an isosurface, and I want
to know what the normals are at each point. I need to know what kinds of
averages I get in order to correctly write a macro I'm working on.