POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : making sky only : Re: making sky only Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: making sky only
From: cg-hci novice
Date: 19 Nov 2003 23:15:01
Message: <web.3fbc3f722872e5c597ba87970@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff wrote:
>In article <web.3fb804b41087588a204769940[at]news.povray.org>,
> "cg-hci_novice" <nomail[at]nomail> wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if it is possible to use skies.inc to create a trace using
>> only a single background? I just want a background of a sky only (no
>> earth/ground) but it looks like most of the examples have both a sky and
>> ground portion...
>
>Just remove the ground. Of course, this won't be very realistic, since
>in the real world you do have a ground...probably better to just point
>the camera up.

No, my intention is not for this trace to be 100% realistic.

I tried removing the ground, however, this seems possible only with the
pigments.
I would like to use S_Cloud2 sky sphere since all the others are rather dark
for the effect I want but not sure how I can just use the top or bottom
half of it (would prefer to use the bottom half) (?)

Would appreciate any suggestions to do this.

Thank you for your help.