POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : linux and windows version produce different output : Re: linux and windows version produce different output Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:18:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: linux and windows version produce different output
From: Tom York
Date: 18 Nov 2003 13:00:01
Message: <web.3fba5ceddf2bb6e4541c87100@news.povray.org>
I altered lighting.cpp so that the sign of the sqrt is checked before use.
If it is negative, F is set to 1 (leading to Reflection_Max). Otherwise the
behaviour is unchanged. I ran the scene provided by sascha with the same
width and height and got this:

http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~tomy/pov/tir.jpg

(~3K JPEG).

This was on a linux PC, gcc 2.95.3. The edges (where TIR is undoubtably
occurring) seem a bit cleaner to me.