POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Plotting/Visualizing Splines : Plotting/Visualizing Splines Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:25:51 EDT (-0400)
  Plotting/Visualizing Splines
From: aqsp47
Date: 14 Nov 2003 05:50:00
Message: <web.3fb4b297739f9be4d919a0c0@news.povray.org>
I am interested in using splines to provide a path for my camera location
and look_at points during an animation, where my object remains stationary.
I have Chris Colefax's spline macros for this purpose, but was wondering
how I can visualize a spline in my scene so that I can decide what 'flight'
path it should take?

Are there any tools that will, say, let me look at my scene and object (my
object is actually a union of lots of triangles) from a distance and let me
plot a rough path with a mouse, outputting the relevant values I need for
that spline?

Thanks in advance.