POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Interpolation of Frames : Interpolation of Frames Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:10:52 EDT (-0400)
  Interpolation of Frames
From: aqsp47
Date: 10 Nov 2003 12:45:01
Message: <web.3fafce0e31d5c26b9f07a8e00@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have managed to create a collection of 30 frames for an animation. Each
frame is a union of povray objects and is stored in it's own .inc file. I
would now like to render each frame in povray and merge them all together
into an MPEG/movie file.

The problem is that I would like add frames to the animation (thus smoothing
it out) by somehow creating intermediate frames between my 30 frames - is
there any way Povray can do this interpolation between shapes?

I am basically trying to animate a morphing molecule - all the 30
morphological changes have been calculated and written to the 30 povray
files as unions of triangles etc....., I just need a way of padding out
each pair of frames, say by adding 5 frames in between each pair.

Hope that makes any sense! MANY THANKS!