POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Laser lines : Re: Laser lines Server Time
4 Aug 2024 04:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Laser lines
From: stoecher
Date: 30 Oct 2003 06:15:01
Message: <web.3fa0f1b69a8fede7e9df71c0@news.povray.org>
Christopher James Huff wrote:
>In article <3f165a0c$1[at]news.povray.org>, "zorni" <zor### [at] gmxat>
>wrote:
>
>> How can i create a realistic laser line?
>
>What exactly do you mean by "laser line"? A laser beam that is spread
>out to make a long line on a surface, as is used in some laser levels?
That's the problem I am interested in.
What would solve my problem: if there was an option similar to
"cylinder", but constraining the light to the space between two
parallel planes.

>In what way is this not enough? It's difficult to give a better solution
>when you don't say why the old solution isn't good enough.
When sending light through a small gap the width of the projected
line depends on the distance to the light-source/gap.

thanks,

Wolfgang