POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Retaining persistent variables in MegaPov 1.0 : Re: Retaining persistent variables in MegaPov 1.0 Server Time
28 Sep 2024 16:53:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Retaining persistent variables in MegaPov 1.0
From: sups
Date: 8 Oct 2003 13:30:01
Message: <web.3f844918b6855006d467bfc30@news.povray.org>
Hi ABX!

Thank you for both your replies. From your previous reply it was clear that
persistent variables may not have made it to MP1.0. But in the manuals of
MP1.0, nowhere it has been explicitly mentioned. Therefore I had the
slightest hope that this feature may be accesible in some other way. It
would be really nice to get this feature back since my code is not
compatible with MP0.7. I have tried the file I/O feature. Due to the very
large size of the file (476 Kb), reading seems extremely slow, almost same
time as generating the data. e.g. My parsing time is 5 min, rendering time
30 sec. I guess I have to wait till this feature gets implemented.

thanks again
Sup