POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Making Code Conditional on Quality Setting : Making Code Conditional on Quality Setting Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:17:36 EDT (-0400)
  Making Code Conditional on Quality Setting
From: wacampbell
Date: 29 Sep 2003 11:30:02
Message: <web.3f784f827beb29f5458b4d510@news.povray.org>
I am interested in making some of the code in my scene file conditional on
the quality setting.  To speed up rendering, I intend to replace my
detailed models with simple cube shapes when quality=0.   I have in mind to
do something like this:

#if( Quality == 0 )
     box{ ... }
#else
     object{ DetailedModel }
#end

The word Quality doesn't seem to be recognized as a valid variable.  Does
anyone have any thoughts on how I might accomplish this.

Thanks for your help.

Wayne