POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC Stills Surrealism results : Re: IRTC Stills Surrealism results Server Time
15 May 2024 02:41:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Stills Surrealism results
From: Renderdog
Date: 27 Sep 2003 07:35:02
Message: <web.3f7575266f3cbf13310a4a800@news.povray.org>
gonzo wrote:
>Heh heh, I had the same idea. Would have been funny had there been 7-8 of
>those! (And according to my Webster's, the animal is a Llama. A Lama is a
>Tibetan monk. Warping & stretching a Lama could get a distinctly different
>reaction...)
>
>RG - This whole thing makes me wonder if the reason surrealism was declared
>offically dead in 1941 was because by then the definition had been
>stretched so thin in every direction that no one could even identify the
>body ;-0

I would have loved to see someone do the Dali Llama, if only to use
it as a desktop and hear the groans when people "got" it!

As for voting and the winner this round, I judge off-topic images
very low on concept because I consider the topic part of the concept.
And I would have taken some off the technical score because of the
brief text file and lack of source code (I don't consider visiting web
sites a part of the IRTC judging process). It's a fine image, but not
one I would have picked for this round. I guess one vote does make
a difference...

I have to say I'm looking forward the the "Decay" round; should be a
lot of interesting entries there. Also, I hope Txemi decides to try the
IRTC again; his work has definitely been some of the most interesting;
unique and well thought out.