POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stacking objects : Re: Stacking objects Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stacking objects
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 16 Sep 2003 09:05:08
Message: <web.3f670a0c96cf30b110dd5cfd0@news.povray.org>
JC (Exether) wrote:
>Well, I want to stack them but in a non-orderly way, what I want is a
>real messy heap of cylinders. I'll probably have to figure it out by
>myself. Thanks anyway.

I see what you mean.  If you needed to be super accurate, I suppose you
could rotate at random, then use trace to make sure they just touch.  But,
as you said, you just want a whole heap, not placed exactly, but "close
enough."  That's an interesting (and useful) puzzle.

Post the macro, once you've made it ;-)(I'll think about it, too.)

Dave Matthews