POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : 2 queries - heighfield and calcul value in message window : 2 queries - heighfield and calcul value in message window Server Time
30 Jul 2024 20:25:12 EDT (-0400)
  2 queries - heighfield and calcul value in message window
From: tommy
Date: 11 Sep 2003 02:25:01
Message: <web.3f60148b4d42406a472d3920@news.povray.org>
Hi everybody,

Two simple queries.

Cacul value in message window
Most of the time, my script contains things like :
#declare var = 2*L+(5*l+(gap*2))).  What should I do to get the var value in
the message window

Heightfield
I like to do some organic shape.  I thouhg doin it using heighfield.  Is
there a way to give transparency to a certain level (e.g. for all value
ranging from 0 to 0.2, give a rgbf 1) and apply an image_map to the rest.

Thanks for your input.

Tommy
The 1st African citizen POV member !
http://www.webkenya.com/