POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : True Antialiasing : Re: True Antialiasing Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:29:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: True Antialiasing
From: gramirosimancas
Date: 27 Aug 2003 10:00:03
Message: <web.3f4cb9198f004971d63a77300@news.povray.org>
>  When you project a square onto the scene, you would need to calculate
>the average color of the area covered by that square. Since the square does
>not necessarily fall on a single surface it can be extremely hard.
>(It's very hard even if it falls on a single surface since the texture
>and lighting of the surface can be very complicated.)

I know how hard it would be. You seem to know very well.
I'm just asking if that would be possible and if someone has got some code
written or at least the mathematical start done.
I think it would be like moving from calculating a point to moving to a
surface integral (with all the boundary cases).
What I don't know if these integrals (given they can simplify as much
current rays) would be more CPU hungry than the current approach.