POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Virtual Choreographer: script-based 3D animation / film annoucement : Re: Virtual Choreographer: script-based 3D animation / film annoucement Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual Choreographer: script-based 3D animation / film annoucement
From: Christan Jacquemin
Date: 13 Aug 2003 07:35:01
Message: <web.3f3a215084e42c6874d77a000@news.povray.org>
Thanks for your warm comments about the film.
Yes the disco frames were amongst the longest
to render due to the transparency of the faces and
the transparency of the disco walls. This part
is also the one that was most reworked through
AfterEffects (echo + blur + colorization).
Flashes were however obtained through strong
lighting in POVray.

The movement of the faces was generated by
the same crowd behavior engine as the one I
used for the other parts of the film including
a crowd. For the disco it was a no-target movement
whereas other crowd displacement resulted from
target-directed displacements.

Next film will be on the theme of "frontiers",
probably more abstract, figuring worlds of different
colors, shapes, and dynamics, and how they interact
or compete.

-Christian