POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Virtual Choreographer: script-based 3D animation / film annoucement : Re: Virtual Choreographer: script-based 3D animation / film annoucement Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual Choreographer: script-based 3D animation / film annoucement
From: tommy
Date: 13 Aug 2003 02:55:01
Message: <web.3f39dfae84e42c68a472d3920@news.povray.org>
Christian Jacquemin wrote:
>Hi,
>
>The tool has been used to make a 5'30 film. The images were
>rendered from the files generated by VC. The film compositing
>and special effects have been made with AfterEffects.
>Rendering time was relatively long (~ 4 months CPU), but I am
>really happy with the quality of the images made by PovRay.
>I just got one small problem with flat objects that were
>ignored when they were seen from above almost vertically.

Hi Christian,  Man the movie is great...  Specially the last part where it
is all disco-blurry with moving and dancing faces (as soon as they enter
the house)...   The music is very good also and boots at the moment...  For
info, I saw the quicktime version.  4 months, I can understand that it took
you so long because of transparency but the shaking transparent shapes
(with human glow-frame inside) are great and their flipping speed is
good...

Very nice job !!  What's your plan for the movie ??

Tommy

Tommy
The 1st African citizen POV member !
http://www.webkenya.com/