POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : CSG shape with many 'holes' takes *forever* to render! : Re: CSG shape with many 'holes' takes *forever* to render! Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG shape with many 'holes' takes *forever* to render!
From: Fuzzy
Date: 31 Jul 2003 07:35:01
Message: <web.3f28fe77e5126b67403117160@news.povray.org>
OK... just done a few tests and I *can* create what I want for this
particular instance quickly using a gif with a plain background and the
holes drawn on it and used as a transparent texture map... fine...

now I just need to find a way to automate that within pov... isn't there a
way for POV to 'pre-render' something into memory that it can refer to
instead of referring to a gif on file?

I've read all the docs last week and have a vague recollection of thinking
there was something like that mentioned *somewhere* in there, but I can't
find it just now... will continue looking...

If I can get POV to create the image that will be mapped on the fly then
that would be perfect (and hopefully I don't want to use a temporary file
inbetween either)

Thanks for the help so far, hopefully someone might know what I'm wittering
on about though... :)

Fuzzy