POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Installing POV Ray on RH Linux 9 : Installing POV Ray on RH Linux 9 Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:32:12 EDT (-0400)
  Installing POV Ray on RH Linux 9
From: Unwashed
Date: 20 Jul 2003 04:30:01
Message: <web.3f1a52595c8cca81ade7500c0@news.povray.org>
I am trying to install POV Ray on my linux system.  If I try to install it
through  an RPM, then I receive an error that says "Package not found
libpng.so.0".  I also tried to install using the source files but after I
ran ./install and navigated to the newly copied folder in
/usr/local/share/povray-3.5 I can't run ./configure in the folder as the
instructions said.  What am I missing?  If this is a RTFM moment then tell
me where in the manual I need to go and I'll do it