POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fitting a gothic trefoil into an equilateral triangle : Re: Fitting a gothic trefoil into an equilateral triangle Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:27:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fitting a gothic trefoil into an equilateral triangle
From: LibraryMan
Date: 19 Jul 2003 11:40:02
Message: <web.3f196555a1d38d6b738e706a0@news.povray.org>
INVALID_ADDRESS wrote:

>P.S. Why did you think Steps is a string?\

I guess I thought all variable identifiers *had* to be strings.

>P.P.S. You meant   "Steps"  , not   "Steps,"  , didn't you?

Probably.  I no longer remember what I wrote!

I understand the logic of all you explained -- it helped me to re-examine
your code.  THEN,
I finally realized, as the cranial density began to lessen, that "Steps"
didn't *have* to have a value pre-assigned to it *until the macro was
actually called*.
As I looked farther down your code, I saw:
Stairs (S) (after S was declared to = 8)
then
Stairs (4), then
Stairs (8)

At that point the fog { } began to lift. :-)  THanks!
--Mark

P. S. You're a very patient person.  Are you a teacher, by any chance?
Perhaps you should be!