POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : cracked glass: interface between pieces looks black : Re: cracked glass: interface between pieces looks black Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:14:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cracked glass: interface between pieces looks black
From: oldmicah
Date: 18 Jul 2003 13:25:01
Message: <web.3f182cf39c5f59e09cfc34200@news.povray.org>
Hello,

  The problem was definitely that I was 'black textured' box I was
subtracting from the lens. Applying the texture after doing the csg fixed
things.  At this point I'm getting a pretty good looking cracked lens by
having an offset center and doing random sized glass slivers.  Not perfect,
but good enough for what I'm working on.

for those interested, the image is here:
http://homepage.mac.com/sstrange/POV/glasses3.jpg

  Thanks again for everyone's help!

learning slowly but surely,
Steven