POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fitting a gothic trefoil into an equilateral triangle : Re: Fitting a gothic trefoil into an equilateral triangle Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fitting a gothic trefoil into an equilateral triangle
From: LibraryMan
Date: 16 Jul 2003 14:30:01
Message: <web.3f15996aa1d38d6b738e706a0@news.povray.org>
INVALID_ADDRESS wrote:

>#macro Stairs (Steps)
>  union {
>    #declare Step = 0;
>    #while (Step<Steps)
>      Stair () translate Step*<StairDepth, StairHeight, 0> }
>      #declare Step = Step+1;
>      #end//while Step
>    texture { VerySimpleStoneTex }
>    // "}" for "union {" omitted
>  #end//macro Stairs

(This thread is probably now so old you're ignoring it and may not get this,
unless you sort your news by date or something)

Here's yet another boneheaded question:
In the above macro, the variable "Step" is declared, and given a integer or
float value.  I don't understand at what point it could ever change its
value to "Steps," which is a string.  Just to be sure, I parsed through the
message looking for buried occurrences of "Steps," in case I missed where
you may have put something like
#declare Steps = Some number greater than 0

Excuse my cranial density...